Low-Income Housing in Alaska

The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP), also known as 'Section 8', is a federal program that provides housing assistance to those who qualify. This assistance if offered in the form of a cash voucher that can be applied toward rent. The program was designed to help low-income families and individuals, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.

To apply for low-income housing assistance, locate your local housing agency from the list below. You can apply in person or call for more information. For other forms of housing assistance, see our various resources under the Housing tab. Also, be sure to download the FRAA Resource Guide for great tips on accessing government assistance.

Type: Low-Rent, Code: AK001 
4300 Boniface Parkway 
Anchorage, AK 99504 
Phone: (907) 330-8432 Fax: (907) 338-1683

AHFC - S8 
Type: Section 8, Code: AK901 
4300 Boniface Parkway 
Anchorage, AK 99510 
Phone: (907) 338-6100 Fax: (907) 338-1683